Help needed in developing the history of a French warship!

Répondre
hampton4444

Help needed in developing the history of a French warship!

Message par hampton4444 »

le Hasardeux was a French warship built in Lorient and commissioned in 1701. It was captured in 1703 by the English, run aground and wrecked in 1706. The wreck is a protected site and there is a licenced project team.

I live in London and am the researcher and website editor for the archaeological project - http://hazardousproject.info.

The information I have about le Hasardeux as a French warship has been gathered from internet sources not having easy access to source documents.

I appear to have exhausted those sources but I am sure there is more to be found.

One question is who was the Commander of le Hasardeux that died in Havana in June 1702. It is clear from several sources that he was the Marquis de Châteaumorand but it is not at all clear who that was. I believe the most likely candidate is François-Annet Joubert de La Bastide but all internet records show he died in 1699. I can find no one with that title that died in 1702?

I welcome anyone with an interest to go to the web site and validate the information I have and would be eternally grateful for corrections or additional information.

Best wishes for Christmas
capu.rossu

Re: Help needed in developing the history of a French warship!

Message par capu.rossu »

Hello hampton4444

I advise you to send a private message to Jean Michel Roche who worked on the ships and officers of that time.

To do this, click on the three horizontal bars to the left of the word "raccourcis" Then on the "membrers" section. Jean Michel is the first person mentioned (in red).Click on its name then when the file is open on "Envoyer un message privé" in blue.

If anyone can give you any information, it's him.

Merry Christmas
Alain
hampton4444

Re: Help needed in developing the history of a French warship!

Message par hampton4444 »

Thank you. Will do as you suggest
Répondre